Learn how to connect your bluetooth printer to the Cents tablet application using QR code scanning.
We're excited to introduce a new way for you to connect your Epson printer to the Cents application via QR code scanning! Please follow the steps below to learn how to set this up.
- Connect your Epson TM-M30 printer to power and press the power button on the top side of the printer to turn it on until you see a blue indicator light appear.
- On the top side of the printer, the "Feed" icon is located right below the Power icon. Hold down on the feed icon. After a few moments, your printer will print out a manifest with 2 QR codes and device information. If you are pressing the feed icon with the top open, make sure to close the top of the machine once you've pressed down on it (as shown in the video below):
- Set aside the printed receipt with the QR codes. You will need that in a moment!
- Open the Cents Employee Application. Click on the "hamburger" menu in the top lefthand corner, and click on "Connections":
- The top line will show "Epson Receipt Printer." Click on the square icon on the far righthand side, as shown below:
- If necessary, "ALLOW" Cents to access your photos in the prompt that appears:
- Once enabled, this will trigger a camera icon to open to scan your BLUETOOTH QR code from your printed receipt. Locate the camera of your tablet (hint, it's on the back!), and scan the Bluetooth QR code.
- Upon successful scanning, your printer will be connected to Cents. You can verify this connectivity by checking the "connections" page - your printer will now show a green icon with a "connected" status.